Monday, February 12, 2007

My review of Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens with Case and Lens Hood - USA

Originally submitted at Adorama

Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens with Case and Lens Hood - USA


Excellent wide-angle lens
By Tamerlin from Silver Spring, MD on 2/12/2007

 

4 out of 5

Pros: Easily Mounted, Easily Accessible Controls, Strong Construction, Clear Glass

Describe Yourself: Hobbyist/Enthusiast

Best Uses: Travel, Photojournalism, Fun

Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

I used this lens for close to two years, with no complaints whatsoever. I stopped using it when I gave it to my mother, who still uses it quite a bit.

The image quality is pristine, as is usually the case for Canon's L lenses, and the autofocus is similary quiet and responsive. It does not have any visible barrel distortions that I have seen, but I have also not used it on a full-frame camera, only on a Digital Rebel. In spite of the crop factor, it is still wide enough to be a bit of a challenge to compose with, but when it works, it works well.

For the money, this is an excellent lens.

(legalese)

No comments: